Gimme some time.. I'm

UNDER CONSTRUCTION!!

March 23, 2010

"Maybe they got it from IKEA?"


Hey Guys, pepper spray

So let's see.. Not too much has happened since my last post, except that everyone is out doing something right now except me. Alley is making cookies with her new boyfriend, Kayla is having a few drinks with co-workers, and Christine is hanging out with her "sorta" beau before he leave to go back to Miami. I have other friends, of coarse, but those are my main girls. Go ahead ladies... ...feel exclusive. lol

I started follow this couple, Noel and Kent, who have individual blogs. He's in the Army and based in Iraq and she is his girlfriend. Her page, however, says she's his mistress since he's married to the Army. I thought that was funny. His blog is refreshing. I get the soldier point of view on everything and he's a pretty good writer and found myself cracking up with laughter reading some of his posts.

One Blog I have to make mention of is MRS. P. Her husband just died in Afghan on the 14th. It was heartbreaking. She's 23 with a 7 month old babygirl and is already a widow. It really hit home for me because I hear about accidents and casualties over there but never knew any of the families survived by them. Now I'm not claiming to know her but after reading her blog, I felt like I did a little. His humvee flipped and he was crushed on impact. I don't even think he ever met his baby girl. To think she was going to see her husband in a few short months and now he's gone. I agree with what Kent's page said. "Ask those that are deployed who has the hardest job. They will surely tell you that the hardest job is had by the wives and girlfriends of the military. The ones who at some time in their relationship have been introduced to a ranking NCO or officer by their service member and received a greeting of "Welcome to the military ma'am." This isn't a gimic. This is honesty at it's finest. Because those in uniform as well as those in your shoes know that the day they begin a relationship with their Marine, soldier, airman or sailor that they might as well raise their right hand and say the words. They too have just joined the military." Having been a marine girlfriend and navy brat, I know how hard it is to be left behind and my heart goes out to MRS. P and her daughter.

The funny thing is though I feel a kinship with these women, I do slightly feel left out. Josh and mine's relationship was so odd. In total, We've only spent about a month actually together in person, and though we've spent a lot of time on skype- we hadn't really been serious all that long. It felt weird classifing my self with them. They have lives with their soldiers, and somehow I feel left out. Like I was at this Soldier Sweetheart Party where everyne talking and laughing and having fun with each other, and though I was invited I'm the loser who doesn't know anybody sitting on the couch, eating the snacks, wondering what store the furniture came from. Okay, yeah i know, weird analogy, but you get my point. But life happens fr a reason and I guess I never felt like i fit in because I didn't.


In other news, Our realtor (as i mentioned my parents are selling their beautiful home for a shack I mean cabin in TENN.) gave me two cans on pepper spray for my car and keychain. A little awkward, but she and my mom talked and when she learned there was a young women in the house, she wanted to make sure i was armed, i guess. I'm actually thrilled. Not that I plan on using it, but I dont like carrying knives and wanted a form of protection on me at all time. Watch out Attackers! Don't wanna mess with me! lol That and I'm taking self defence and kickboxing classes. Hurray!

Tomorrow Im continuing my search for jobs, being trained at the CD shop, and then possibly swimming and tanning at the house. Oh! and don't forget the exercise!


Holly
My brother showed me this second pic. All I can say is.. WOW.

No comments:

Post a Comment